Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

7.19.2011

Best Laid Plans...

Is there such thing as a "Birthday Mulligan?" I was so proud of myself for giving my 3 girlfriends advance notice that I wanted to have a few cocktails and some nibbles on the anniversary of my birth. A few days before my actual birthday, I either caught a heinous bug, or swallowed some deadly bacteria. I was down for the count with the worst stomach ailment I've ever had. It lasted ten days!! So, on my birthday, I was on the couch, forcing myself to drink gallons of gatorade and watching an "Indiana Jones" marathon on TV. By dinner, I had graduated to a warm bowl of plain white rice.

So I ask, is there such a thing as a Birthday Mulligan? If not, I'll find other reasons to celebrate in my life. That doesn't have to be the only one. It's grossly over-rated and anti-climactic.

I took the time to reflect over the last year and celebrated the few small victories I've eked out for myself. As in, I'm still here, fighting for my professional survival every day. People ask me how I do it. I have no idea. I just get up and keep going!! Word for the day: FORTITUDE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're feeling better now, Bari!