Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

4.25.2011

A Warped Perspective? Nope~ just a cracked windshield

I was hoping my little Northern getaway would give me some renewed vigor in my job search. What I got instead was a healthy dose of pollen, toddler snot, and lots of love.

It was a great trip. I spent some much needed me-time with an over-mommy-fied urbanite who was probably as happy to hear adult-speak, as I was to have some company. It was nice to not have to think about my own life for a while and just deal with teething, diapers, singing the abc's and making sure Toddlergate was secure when navigating the rest of the house. I got to connect with several other friends who live in the area, and have some semblance of a social life, if only for a few days. The food was great, and it was wonderful to just 'be' in the company of people that I care greatly about.

I came home to life just where I left it, with a few extra visitors (the green monsters in my nasal cavity). It took about a week, but I was able to kick whoever they were to the curb in time to treat my seasonal allergies and start packing for the move. With renewed connections, and the promise of better efforts to keep in touch, I once again feel a little less alone in the world.

Everything was swimming right along until this past Friday, when I got whacked with reality. Literally. The car in front of me on the road spun up a piece of gravel that hit my windshield with such force that I thought I had been shot at. The resulting hole actually LOOKED like a bullet!! Thankfully, it did not pierce completely through the glass, so even though I ducked reflexively, I was not in danger of being injured. Also to my pleasant surprise, my insurance agent informed me that NJ Auto insurers cover windshield glass repair as a policy benefit. With unseasonably hot weather upon us, and guaranteed usage of the car's air-conditioning system, the mobile repair shop couldn't get here fast enough. So, one holiday weekend later, she's back in fighting form, with only a small battle scar to commemorate her surprise attack.

I hope I look as good as she does when I return to the front lines. THAT can't come soon enough! Working on re-filling the pipeline, as the cupboards are bare at the moment (and yes, that is a double entendre, not a pun!).

I need moving boxes, so if you have any at your home or place of employment, and it's local, let me know. I'll come pick them up.

No comments: