People have been so helpful! The response has been mostly positive, with a few interesting events tossed into the mix. I'm very, very grateful for all the activity that's been swirling around me. I've got to seize on the momentum and maximize every lead, opportunity and suggestion that is being sent my way.
When I said
Sometimes people really know how to make your day. Selflessness is so rare and wonderful! A longtime friend just made mine. So grateful for a helpful soul. The last few days have shown me many of them. I want to be in a position to pay it back & pay it forward soon ~~and I KNOW I will!!the response from a friend was "Give, Give, Get." It blows me away how much I'm GETting back.
There is a wonderful gentleman out there, named Brent Peterson. He owns a company called Interview Angel
www.interviewangel.com
which offers an organizational toolkit in a portfolio. It helps people land more jobs by interviewing like a pro. He is very active on twitter and has been very helpful to me. We first met electronically when he read my blog post titled Laboring for Labor on Labor Day back in September of 2009, and reached out after I tweeted about the post. This time he has offered to donate his product, so that I am even MORE prepared at my next interview, and has written about me in HIS blog! I strongly encourage you to take a look at his website if you are in job-search mode.
http://interviewangel.com/any-hope-for-the-unemployed-99ers/
I was also noticed via one of my tweets, which led to being included in another person's blog. I thought it was funny that someone took me seriously when I tied my story to Ted Williams. I meant it from the perspective that Social Media gets you noticed, not that I thought it would land me a job in 24 hours. I'm not quite that delusional. I just want to do whatever I can to get more exposure. It took getting portrayed a little differently than I would have liked, but at least my name is out there. Here's the link: http://www.evetahmincioglu.com/web/blog/2011/01/10/the-instant-dream-job-fantasy/
So, on I continue, in my quest to uncover more of the hidden job market and to find an employer who will appreciate and capitalize on my talents!
But if someone finds me first, I promise not to complain!

No comments:
Post a Comment