Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

9.04.2009

Scratch That (or not)

So I still haven't heard anything from my contact at the medical device/Nordstrom company. I was able to find out that the CMO has, in fact, actually received my resume, thanks to my contacts at Nordstrom. So, as much as I think I'm perfect for the job, maybe that's how sure they are that I'm not. Or, it's the Friday before a holiday weekend and there are other things going on. Nothing I can do but wait and see.
Now for an update on this morning's misadventures.
Thanks to my love of canines, I said hello to the right person a few weeks ago. Chaz is an adorable poodle/Jack Russell terrier rescue with the most furiously wagging stub of a tail I've seen in a long time.Turns out, his owner (who lives in my complex) is an optometrist who was able to take a look at my eye and determine that it isn't pink eye.
Something must have lodged itself in my eye last night as I dozed off, so while I was sleeping (with my eyes closed, natch) my body worked like crazy to get rid of it, hence the tearing, redness and light sensitivity. When it hurt so badly that it woke me up, and since I knew not to rub my eye, I had flooded it with artificial tears~and managed to dislodge whatever it was. I wasn't aware that there actually WAS a foreign body in my eye, as that sensation is often a symptom of other problems. However, all that was left by 12pm when I got to her office was the residual discomfort and redness from being bombarded overnight. And a teeny tiny scratch that wasn't on my cornea. I guess in this case, the old adage, "You know what they say when you have an itch... scratch it," would probably NOT be the best advice.
Onwards and upwards--- I have a few hours to do some job hunting, and then I'm off to meet my friend, the freelance producer, for some well deserved Labor Day Weekend cocktails. I owe her a drink for referring me to that last minute makeup gig in Philly last week. She has two dogs and I pleaded with her to PLEASE bring them along. Since Chaz's Mom is working today, there's no puppy love on the premises. Canines, cocktails and credit where credit is due. Win-win for everyone.

No comments: