Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

7.02.2018

Take a Hobby, Pick It Up - All Day Long You'll Have Good Luck!



I love food. I love telling stories.

Every weekend I guide lucky South Floridians to their perfect cold dessert (or as some call it - dinner!!!). I jokingly refer to myself as an Ice Cream Sommelier, and apparently a Yelper who visited this weekend agreed with me!!!


post continues after photos
Located at 1445 Congress Ave.#4, Delray Beach, FL

How did I get here?

The backstory:
In 2015, one night after visiting my Upper East Side clients, I stopped by an establishment that got rave reviews. The "bearded alchemist," a Brooklyn hipster mixologist named Jacob and I struck up a conversation. He loved to concoct potions that he thought would intrigue the clientele. That night he made one, and asked me to describe what I tasted. When I did, he looked at me, flabberghasted.

"You just nailed that entire profile. You're a super-taster." So of course, whenever I was on the UES, that became my go-to spot. And every time (maybe half a dozen total) he would ask me to try something or name a drink. I was disappointed when I no longer had to travel into the city for work!

Fast forward:
I never thought that being a super-taster would actually have a use. A few weeks ago, I happened to be searching for opportunities locally on line (Linkedin cuts a broad swath of results even when you specify a zip code) and I came across a listing I couldn't ignore. An attorney who followed his passion went to Ice Cream College (yes, there is such a thing!), studied with Top Chefs and launched his dream business.  I sent this cover letter:



He did contact me. And the rest is history! I try every new flavor and topping one teeny-tiny gelato-sized spoon at a time. I want to be able to describe what they taste like without adding too much sugar or dairy into my diet. Believe it or not, those tiny spoonfuls hit the spot. All the joy, none of the guilt!

Will my paid avocation turn into a vocation? I'd happily take all of my business-building, dedication to customer service, sales and marketing skills (and taste buds) with me into a new endeavor.  When you have passion for what you do and have a joy for life, there are no limits to your success, because it doesn't feel like work! Stay tuned!! 

But in the meantime...if you enjoy ice cream like I do and live in or visit South Florida, check out Proper Ice Cream in Delray, Thursdays through Sundays, and 4th of July! Nomnomnom.
For more information:

No comments: