2011 was one year I was glad to see go. Granted, it wasn't the worst year on record, but it definitely had its highs and lows. I spent the holiday weekend in Manhattan with a friend from LA who's currently living there, in a perfectly adorable sublet in the East Village. The bustle of NYC is indescribable during this time of year (and no, I'm not talking about Times Square. I'm adventurous, not insane!). It was a nice change from coughing up a lung most of December!!
At the start of the year, I updated my Linkedin Profile, and have been busy moderating our group. We just hit SIXTEEN THOUSAND! In my last post, I reflected on how the jobs that are out there were just not lining up with who is available, and it was gratifying to see that an article was just published on-line today, confirming that fact. I love it when I'm right!
http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/13/10142795-role-reversal-employers-say-they-cant-find-workers
I'm not one for resolutions, but I will say that my goal this year is to change the direction of things that were headed the wrong way. I've met some great people through the special needs group and enjoyed a great night out with several new people on Tuesday night. One of the things I wanted to fix is that I have not had a haircut since June (my stylist, who's over an hour away, blew out a knee and has been out of commission). One of the women at dinner used to own several salons in the Chelsea neighborhood (of Manhattan), so with the knowledge that she's got that "city" aesthetic - as opposed to 'bored housewife syndrome' - I've got an appointment with her tomorrow. Such a small thing, but it's been on my list FOREVER!
Also, a fantastic opportunity has just opened up, and I had a good phone conversation that is headed for step 2. Even after all this time, I still get hopeful when a new possibility shows up. I can't help it! Call me an 'eternal optimist.'
Happy New Year!! And a happy birthday to my younger brother!!
Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"
1.13.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment