Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

2.17.2011

Sunny Days

Today has been one of those gorgeous, hits-you-out-of-nowhere beautiful afternoons that takes your breath away when you step outside. It has been a much needed breath of fresh air, no pun intended. Nothing like some great weather to remind you that for every cloudy day, there's an unexpected sunny one to make up for it.

To top off the great weather, I had a FABULOUS lunch meeting with a woman who I've been trying to coordinate a get-together with for almost a month. She came via the networking letter I crafted to accompany the blast I sent out when I was profiled in the Courier-Post last month. A gentleman in my network actually picked up and used that square thing on his desk that has a microphone and an earpiece to contact me! It was so nice to hear a real voice and actually speak to someone, which becomes more and more rare in these days of text-centric communications.

He suggested she and I connect just for informational purposes~not knowing if they had any open positions, but because the company she worked for seemed like a good fit for my skillset. So I promised to reach out and handle the rest. Well, he was right.

The company is growing quickly. So quickly that they are still building a map and are not quite sure what their needs are. We agreed to keep in touch (which of course, I will diligently pursue) so that as things change, I'll be in the loop. I told her that I'd rather wait for the right position than take the wrong one and not be happy getting out of bed every morning. Thanks to my lunch today, I now have visions of getting out of bed every morning loving what I do. This is the sunny day in my professional life that just came out of nowhere, on a day where the weather mirrored my experience. I had zero expectations going in to this meeting and came out of it with a spring in my step as I stepped into spring!

"Things are going great,and they're only gettin' better. Doin' all right, gettin' good grades, the future's so bright.... I gotta wear shades!" ~~Timbuk3, One-Hit-80s-Wonders.

No comments: