I usually roll my eyes at clichés. But lately, I'm realizing that most of them have permeated our vernacular for a reason. THEY'RE TRUE!
It seems like every time I turn around these days, one after another, these phrases are proving themselves to be scarily accurate. I used to say I never win anything. Well, I sure can't say that anymore. From the time 19 years ago that I dropped my name in a bucket and won a Mazda Miata two weeks later, to yesterday's unexpected Blackberry car charger through a twitter promotion, my luck, now more than ever, has really turned a corner. One of the things I am able to do with my time is take the 30 seconds or so it requires to fill out an entry form, several times a day. I don't go hunting for these contests - they just pop up, either on blogs that I read, or in the twitter flow. I don't spend an inordinate amount of time looking for them. Of course, with every win, I acknowledge the abundance in the universe, say thank you, and ask for it to continue.
A highly metaphysical friend of mine made an interesting observation as I was telling him about my latest windfall. He reminded me that I've been going through a really tough time with this whole 'being out of work' thing, and that it was the universe's way of showing me that I'm doing the right thing by staying the course. He explained that all of these wins are to illustrate that I'm on the right path and have been rewarded for hanging in there. That sure made me feel good. That's a far cry from practically totaling my car the day I moved here two years ago (now that was NOT a good sign).
When I read my horoscope last Friday night, it specifically told me not to rush into any purchases that were not substantial requirements. Well, the day before I had noticed that my car charger was flickering on and off, and started looking for a new one. Because the plug is in my armrest, if it's too big, the armrest won't close ~ so I had to really hunt to find an angled one or a mini plug. I found both and couldn't decide. Then, I went out to the car to bring in the current one to measure it and notice that the plug was depressed, so I released it. Voilá! It works fine. So back into the car it went. That's where the shock came from when I won a RIM branded auto charger yesterday. The contest I entered had at least a dozen prizes, and I happened to win that ONE. It was the universe again, validating that I was indeed on the right path.
I'm expecting a really important phone call today from a company I've been in talks with since August, so maybe last night's win was one last sign to show me that things are looking up! Even my eyes are crossed (Thanks for that, Sheryl!).
Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"
11.03.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Bari,
I hope this call you're expecting is a good one ... if they've been talking to you since August, it sounds like they're interested and just waiting for the chance to bring you on board.
Best,
Marty
Post a Comment