Life's too short not to Laugh

Life's too short not to Laugh
That's why I practice "Sales With A Smile"

10.19.2009

Just Do It!

Sometimes, we put off doing things, but there's no real reason for the procrastination. Then, once we do it, we wonder what took us so long.

I watched this in action this weekend. I have a former co-worker from Los Angeles who relocated back to the East Coast about a year and a half before I did. Ever since I moved back here, I've been talking to her about once a month. She's in North Jersey, I'm in South Jersey. You'd think they were two different countries (well, they are, but that's another blog post!). She works full time and is a single mom, so her plate is pretty full. However, she has business that takes her to Delaware quite frequently, and my current residence is literally on the way there (or back).

You just can't put a price on reconnecting or companionship. For me, it's one of the things I'll always make time for, because it's almost as important as breathing in my life.

I've been inviting her to come visit for over a year. Well, this weekend, she finally  squeezed me into her schedule and we spent the afternoon together. We had a fantastic time. I listened to her tell me stories about her daughter, and she sat through my job-search yarns and tales of mishaps in the world of being painfully single. We ate food we shouldn't and generally just enjoyed each other's company. When she finally went to leave, at about 7 pm, she turned to me and said, "This was a blast~We really should do it more often!"

I told her, "That's what I've been trying to tell you!" She left with a smile, promising to coordinate her next trip in my direction for another 'play date.' I think we both ended the day with our spirits registering a little higher on the 'recharge' meter.

So, if there are things you've been meaning to do, but you can't really think of a reason you haven't done them... my advice is to just squeeze them into your schedule. You might find the results pleasantly surprising.

No comments: